A lot of vloggers only think that choosing a vlogging camera is enough for making a top-notch vlog.
In fact, this thinking is ridiculous.
Without the best microphone for YouTube, your ambition of making a high-quality vlog will remain a dream.
Audio counts for almost 50% of the whole YouTube video according to pro vloggers. You are doing a great mistake if you are only relying on built-in mic of your vlogging camera.
That’s why we are here with some of the best microphones for YouTube so that you can easily make a choice of buying an ideal one.
Let’s take a look at them one by one :
- Best Microphone for YouTube – Hot Picks in 2019
- 1. Blue Yeti – Best Microphone For YouTube in 2019
- 2. Apogee’s Mic 96k – Best Microphone For Studio Recording
- 3. Razer Seiren Pro – Best Adjustable YouTube Microphone
- 4. Samson Go Mic – Best Budget YouTube Microphone
- 5. Audio Technica– Best Noise Cancelling YouTube Microphone
- 6. Blue Snowball – Best Portable Mic for YouTube Gaming
- 7. Rode NT USB Condenser Mic – Best Usb Condenser Microphone
- 8. Neewer NW-700 – Best Vocal Microphone For YouTube
- 9. Focusrite Scarlett Studio – Best Mic For YouTube And Music Recording
- 10. Zalman ZM-MIC 1 – Best Mic for YouTube Gaming
- Best Microphone For YouTube – Complete Buyer’s Guide
- What is Microphone?
- Why You Need the Best Microphone For YouTube?
- Types of Microphones
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Microphone For YouTube
- Short Summary Of Important Factors Before Buying Best Microphone For YouTube
- FAQS About Best Microphone For YouTube
Best Microphone for YouTube – Hot Picks in 2019
1. Blue Yeti – Best Microphone For YouTube in 2019
It also has four different pattern settings so you can record sounds, instrumental music, podcasts, or interviews in ways that would normally require a set of YouTube microphones to do so.
With simple controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain, you’ll love creating those excellent recordings right out of the box
- It is the ultimate professional USB microphone for vlogging.
- Includes Tri-capsule array and 3 condenser capsules which can record almost anything.
- Multiple pattern selection – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect mic for YouTube for all types of vocals, musical instruments, podcasting your channels, voice-overs, interview of every type, field recordings or even conference calls this microphone has it all covered up.
- Plug ‘n play Mode- It is Mac and PC compatible.
- Unique angular design
- Capsules: condenser, pressure gradient
- Polar Patterns: cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, stereo
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Bit Rate: 16bit
- Max SPL: 120dB (THD: 0.5% 1kHz
2. Apogee’s Mic 96k – Best Microphone For Studio Recording
Get a Studio quality anywhere anytime as the Apogee MiC 96k is a digital best mic for YouTube designed to give you a masterpiece studio quality recording you can enjoy anywhere.
Use It to record vocals, normal conversations, record gaming videos for youtube acoustic guitar, piano, drums or anything related to music or daily life, it is just perfect!
This microphone is Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history and specially designed to sound amazing and be easy to use with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
Get an experience of Three products in one small package; the MiC 96k has a combo of a microphone, microphone preamp, and an A/D converter into one compact device.
The original mic for YouTube gaming has become the mobile microphone of choice for both normal and professional artists looking for that studio microphone sound. The MiC 96k delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It is made for the latest Apple iOS devices, including its ability to record in pristine fidelity – up to 24-bit/96kHz.
- Provides Up to 96kHz quality recording
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Features a Pure DIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- No configuration is required for this YouTube mic, just plug in and record anything anytime.
- Also Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recordings
- Input only, output is via iPhone, iPad or Mac device.
3. Razer Seiren Pro – Best Adjustable YouTube Microphone
Another versatile mic for YouTube gaming in our list is the brand new Razer Seiren Pro. The microphone because of its premium construction and a unique design is very famous among many gamers and YouTubers.
The best mic for YouTube is capable of delivering pitch-perfect sound without any distortion and background noise. Other than that, you can easily adjust it on your workspace as it doesn’t require much space due to its compact shape.
The matte black color of this mic for YouTube gaming looks quite eye-catchy as well. Let’s have a look at some of the key feature it comes with :
- Built inside the Razer Seiren Pro are three 14mm custom-tuned condenser capsules in an array that is capable of making 4 different recording patterns configurations that is lovely for the customers to hear and enjoy.
- The Razer Seiren Pro can easily switch from four different dedicated recording patterns to suit a variety of audio capture needs
- It Ensures that you sound exactly the way you want your audience on YouTube to hear you, you may also use the included controls to adjust the mic and headphone volume
- The thing that makes the Razer Seiren Pro unique is its high-pass filter. It lets you remove low-end rumbles and hums, typical ambient sounds found in homes or studio recording environments
- The Razer Seiren Pro allows you the option to plug in the mic right into a pro mixing board opening up your recording options which is very convenient.
- Gives you an HD recording with outstanding clarity
- Contains 4 adjustable recording patterns (Cardioid, Stereo, Omni, Bi-directional)
- Features Quick controls for pattern switching, headphone volume and mic gain etc.
- Built-in headphone amplifier with zero output for latency.
- Play and play recording via single USB or XLR connection anytime anywhere.
- High-pass filter-filters frequencies below 100Hz
4. Samson Go Mic – Best Budget YouTube Microphone
Samson Go Mic for YouTube gaming is an ideal choice for any short budget gamer or Youtuber who don’t want to spend a lot of money in buying a best microphone for YouTube. The microphone has got quite a compact design with so many amazing features.
You can now record your voice with an amazing quality and without any background noise with the help of best mic for YouTube. You won’t need any drivers for this microphone as well.
Just plug it in the compatible port and you are good to go. Some of the best features in this mic for YouTube gaming are as follows :
- Portable USB condenser YouTube microphone which allows you to record anywhere at anytime.
- Mac and PC compatible, no drivers are required for operation.
- Delivers a Custom, compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk for better grip
- Perfect for recording YouTube Videos, music, podcasting and field recording, voice recognition software, iChat, VoIP and web casting etc.
- Switchable cardioid or omnidirectional pickup patterns makes it a perfect choice.
- Has a 16-bit, 44.1kHz resolution
- Delivers a Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz–18kHz for quality sound.
- The Stereo 1/8″ headphone has an output for no latency monitoring
- Includes USB cable, cable clip and carry case for easy portability
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) is installed.
5. Audio Technica– Best Noise Cancelling YouTube Microphone
The Audio Technica AT2035 has got a large diaphragm condenser microphone especially for critical home projects, professional studio applications, and live performance.
This side-address cardioid studio condenser mic delivers exceptional detail and low noise. It is equipped with a switchable 80Hz high-pass filter and 10dB pad, the AT2035 microphone handles high sound pressure levels with a lot of comfort.
Its rugged construction and high-performance specifications, the Audio-Technica AT2035 is a mic for YouTube gaming that provides an exceptional level of consistency from model to model.
Audio-Technica equips the AT2035 mic with a protective pouch and a custom shock mount
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces sounds from the sides and rear, improving the isolation of the desired sound source
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Includes a Pop Filter to eliminate the annoying sounds from your recordings
- XLR Cable to connect the mic to your mixer or interface
- Includes a Microfiber Cleaning Clot
6. Blue Snowball – Best Portable Mic for YouTube Gaming
Blue Snowball is one of the Best microphone for YouTube delivering a perfect sound for your vlogs and gaming commentaries.
At home, at the office, or anywhere at any time, the Snowball iCE USB microphone delivers audio quality that’s much more ahead of your computer’s built-in microphone.
Just try it out and you will love the experience it provides. With Snowball iCE, the quick and easy recording has now become a reality.
Simply mount Snowball iCE on the included adjustable stand, now plug in the USB cable into your Mac or PC and viola. You’re ready to sit back and start recording a crystal-clear audio for any project you desire.
- Improved audio quality on Skype, Twitch and FaceTime which you will love.
- Adds crystal clear audio to recordings for YouTube
- Create podcasts and add narration to your home movies with this amazing mic
- Record instruments or vocals anywhere at any time.
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC etc and it needs no drivers to install which is just perfect.
7. Rode NT USB Condenser Mic – Best Usb Condenser Microphone
The NT-USB can perform a variety of functions it is a side-address microphone that is ideal for recording singing and musical performances as well as spoken applications such as podcasting and voiceover.
It is fully compatible with all mainstream recording applications weather Windows or Mac OS computers, as well as the Apple iPad using RODE Rec, GarageBand, or any other recording app that allows the use of an external microphone.
Use on the Apple iPad may need a suitable USB connection adaptor, just like the Apple Camera Connection Kit.
The body of the best mic for YouTube, NT-USB features a noise canceling stereo headphone monitoring jack, which allows you to monitor the microphone input in real-time, along with dials to adjust the monitoring level and mix between the computer/iPad audio and the microphone input.
A premium pop-filter is also included, which fits onto the base of the mic, positions the filter the ideal distance from the capsule to minimize plosives (hard sounds that produce a harsh effect) during singing or speech.
It also has a high-quality stand mount with an industry standard 3/8 inch thread, a desktop tripod stand that allows the NT-USB to sit at a comfortable height on a tabletop, and a pouch for storage of the microphone when not in use.
- High-quality YouTube microphone easily plugged into USB for connectivity
- Pop shield, Tripod desk stand, ring mount, storage pouch and 6m (20’) USB cable is included in the package.
- 5mm stereo headphone jack for zero-latency monitoring and noise cancellation.
- Features a special quality of direct mix control between mic input and source output
- Compatible with both Apple and iPad
- Two years extended warranty at the time when you register your microphone which is super!
8. Neewer NW-700 – Best Vocal Microphone For YouTube
The NW-700 professional condenser microphone has a completely new style featuring an incredible audio circuit. A very rich, full-bodied sound from sources that are directly in front of the mic is caught.
The cardioid pickup pattern does an amazing job at cancellation of background noise, and this isolates the main sound source which is what we all need. The suspension stand is made of steel and is highly sturdy and durable.
9. Focusrite Scarlett Studio – Best Mic For YouTube And Music Recording
Everything you need to make studio quality recordings on your Mac or PC, all in one box.
Right here, right now!
Scarlett Solo Studio Pack includes the compact Scarlett Solo USB audio interface, a large-diaphragm condenser microphone for quality voice, closed-back headphones for easy grip, and all the cables and software you need to start recording with a computer.
Scarlett Solo Studio now comes with an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, as well as Ableton Live Lite. Which means more control and more fun for that studio like recording.
It is compatible with all major DAWs, on Mac and PC. It takes only minutes to set it up for the first time, later on, you can just plug straight in and start recording anywhere and at any moment.
- Includes a Scarlett Solo USB audio interface, condenser microphone and headphones, 10’ XLR mic cable and a quality mic stand clip
- It is One natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamp with plenty of even gain and has one newly-designed instrument input that is especially designed to handle seriously hot guitar pickups
- The Class-leading conversion plus the sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP (measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer)
- It is also Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
- The set Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and an Ableton Live Lite also a Softube Time and a perfect Tone Bundle, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, and a monthly Focusrite Plug-In Collective offers, all available via downloading.
10. Zalman ZM-MIC 1 – Best Mic for YouTube Gaming
Zalman ZM-MIC1 is one of the best mic for YouTube gaming because it has got many awesome features with awesome specs in an affordable price range.
This microphone has got the attention of many gamers who want to record their gaming videos with a clear audio and without any background noise as well. The mic for YouTube gaming has got an impressive and compact design and is portable to use.
You will need a headphone to attach it for convenience and easy audio recording. Zalman ZM-Mic1 is also one of the best microphone for YouTube videos.
The cheap gaming mic comes in with 3 clips for tidy arrangement so that you won’t have to make the mess of your microphone wire while doing commentary to your gaming videos.
The best desktop mic for gaming has got great portability. You can arrange it anywhere you want and enjoy recording clear audio for your gaming videos.
If you want to do live streaming of a gaming video, this cheap gaming microphone can provide you a lot more assistance in this regard and you will be able to do commentary with it easily. The sound quality is also above the mark in this gaming microphone as it allows you to record clear vocals.
The quality of sound recording in this microphone is much better than that of the typical built-in microphone which comes with laptops, DSLRs or cameras.
However, the mic is very sensitive. It can even capture the slightest of background noise. The moving fan, chair or any other noise can be captured by it easily. So, better turn of the noisy things in the background to increase the audio quality of your vocals.
In a nutshell, a YouTube microphone will enhance the quality of your voice or audio to a higher level and it will have a positive impact on your upcoming videos as well. We have listed some of the best microphones for you so that you can make a good decision. However, if you are still confused, here are our top 3 recommendations :
- Blue Yeti (Best Microphone for YouTube from every Aspect).
- Samson Go Mic (Best Lavalier Microphone).
- Focusrite Scarlett Studio (Best Mic For YouTube and Music Recording).
Best Microphone For YouTube – Complete Buyer’s Guide
A decision of choosing the best microphone for YouTube is quite difficult for a Youtuber or a gamer. What a Youtuber need is a microphone that can fulfill all the voice issues easily and that is able to produce a pitch-perfect audio quality without any worries. Because of the availability of many microphone brands, the dream of choosing a perfect YouTube microphone looks impossible.
Also Read: Top Best Microphones For Ipad
The basic definition for a microphone is,”A device used for modifying sound waves which are converted into electrical energy, and further amplified and transmitted or recorded.”
Microphones are of different types, but the most common are:
- Dynamic Microphone: which uses a coil of wire hanging in a magnetic field.
- Condenser Microphone: which uses a vibrating diaphragm as a capacitor plate.
Microphones have many applications. Some of them are
- They provide a high-quality sound.
- The background noise is reduced in microphones.
- The voice is so clear that viewers love to watch your video.
As we all know, Audio quality is about 50 percent of the overall video. No matter how much beautiful and high-quality video you make, no one will watch your video if the audio quality is worse.
Why You Need the Best Microphone For YouTube?
That’s the question that many newbie YouTubers and even vloggers ask that why we need a good YouTube microphone for vlogging or for recording YouTube videos. Let us make it simple for you.
According to a research conducted by YouTube and Google, “a YouTube video depends upon 50 percent video and 50 percent audio quality.” Yeah, you heard it right. If you have made a video for YouTube with high-quality content but the audio quality of that video is shitty then my friend, no one is going to watch your video.
Just so you know that audio counts for 50% in a YouTube video, it is imminent that you buy a best microphone for YouTube for you in order to make the audio quality as need as possible.
That’s why you need a good YouTube microphone in order to make your video perfect from all aspects.
Types of Microphones
There are different types of microphones available. Some of them are as follows :
Lavalier Microphones also known as lapel microphones are microphones with a clip. They are portable and can easily be adjusted anywhere you want. One of the amazing features in a lavalier microphone is that you can make the microphone operational without even connecting it to a computer.
Lavalier microphones are usually used in TV shows where a host has to take interviews from a different guest. You would have also seen tiny microphones attached with the shirt of many guests. Yeah, they are called as lavalier microphones.
Shotgun microphones are for DSLRs. They are specially made to fit on a DSLR and many DSLRs have got a special built-in area where you can fit them easily.
Shotgun microphones record the voice only from the front of the camera and that’s why many YouTubers who have got a DSLR use these type of microphones as they are capable of capturing voice from the front direction only. Many vloggers and YouTubers also use shotgun microphones with their DSLRs for a perfect audio quality.
USB Recording Microphones
These microphones are mostly used by gamers and YouTubers who want to record different voice-over or commentaries on the games they are playing. You can also use USB recording microphone to make song covers or to record different songs.
They are usually placed on a computer table because you have to plug it in the compatible input to make them operational. Other than that, these microphones are also capable of delivering high-quality voice without any issues so that your voice can’t bother other people listening to your videos.
Headphones With Microphones
Headphones consisting of microphones can also be used for recording purposes. Most gamers use this type as they don’t want any wires to disturb them and so that they can deliver their voice conveniently. However, microphones that come with headphones are not for delivering a very high-quality voice and you will also have to deal with the voice distortion many times.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Microphone For YouTube
There are certain factors that you must consider before choosing a best microphone for YouTube. Let’s have a look at them :
Type of Videos You Make?
You should make a decision according to the type of videos you make. Many people don’t consider this factor necessary and they end up buying a microphone which they can’t use in their videos. Now tell us. Will you be able to use a shotgun microphone for gaming videos or for commentaries? Same is the case with USB recording microphones. You cannot use them for filming videos on DSLR.
So, it is important that you know about the type of videos you are going to make and then buy a microphone accordingly. If you are making a vlog, it will be perfect to use a compact sized microphone. Similarly, if you are planning on making voice over or commentaries for the videos, you must consider a USB recording microphone.
There must be no compromise on audio quality when it comes to choosing a best microphone for YouTube. Audio quality should be your first concern after you determine the kind of microphone you need for your YouTube videos.
Now, some microphones are good for picking background audio very quickly and they are good for making a vlog because you will need background audio for a vlog. Similarly, for recording a song or for doing commentaries for your gaming videos, you will need a YouTube microphone that can reduce the background noise as much as possible and will only catch your voice. So, audio quality is a must factor to consider before you buy a YouTube microphone.
Design of a microphone also matters and depends on the type of videos you make. If you are out to make different vlogs, you will need a compact shaped microphone that is going to record your voice easily. Similarly, you can go for big shaped microphones if your main purpose is to keep the microphone on the desk.
Compactly designed microphones are usually made for vloggers or for TV shows so that their size won’t cause any issues. Similarly, bigger microphones are for recording songs or for doing commentaries on gaming videos.
Last but not least, a budget is also a factor to consider before you make a decision to choose the best microphone for YouTube. A good microphone will cost you about 20 dollars to 50 dollars. However, the price may go up if you are looking for a microphone with many advanced features, durability and with high audio quality production.
Well, there are some short budget microphones available too that are able to deliver a good audio quality but they have also got durability issues.
The choice is yours to make and you should look for a microphone with at least 50 dollars in your hand as in this way, you will be able to make a good choice for recording your YouTube videos.
That was a small guide and it was our duty to discuss some important things related to a YouTube microphone. We hope that you will gain a sufficient amount of knowledge after reading this guide so as to make a perfect choice of buying the best microphone for YouTube ever.
Short Summary Of Important Factors Before Buying Best Microphone For YouTube
- You need to make sure that the build quality is very high because often at times microphones tend to break with a single fall, you don’t want your microphone to be doomed so quickly. Do you?
- Check out how the microphone picks up the sound, is it according to your surroundings or not? Does it fit the place well and is it the audio clear? You need to be aware of all that.
- Check out the proximity range in which the microphone will be working even if you drift away.
- Do a lot of research about a YouTube microphone before buying it, consider checking reviews by customers.
- You need to have a detailed knowledge of the specs of the product you are about to buy to avoid future confusions and problems.
- Make sure the microphone has a voice cancellation feature, so it does not produce those snarky voices when not in use.
FAQS About Best Microphone For YouTube
Some of the most frequently asked questions about the best microphone for YouTube are as follows :
What is the best microphone for YouTube videos?
This is the question that every person asks who is operating a YouTube channel and wants a good audio quality for his channel’s videos. A lot of new Youtubers want to know which is the best microphone for YouTube. We will recommend you to buy the Blue Yeti as it’s the best microphone for YouTube videos.
Which microphone is best for recording?
A lot of people use microphone to record their voice or commentary for their YouTube videos or gaming videos and that’s why they need a microphone which is able to reduce the background noise to record a pitch perfect voice. In our opinion, for recording purposes you should use the brand new Focusrite Scarlett Studio as it has got good features in a reasonable price.
What microphone to use for vlogging?
This is a serious question asked by many vloggers because the built-in mics that comes with vlogging cameras are not as good as the external mic. They are not able to pick up a good voice and as a result cannot record a good audio quality. We will recommend you to buy the Rode NT USB Condenser Mic for vlogging camera.
How much does it cost to buy a mic?
There are many microphones available at the market. Some are expensive and some are very cheap. A good microphone like Blue Yeti costs 100$ to 150$ whereas microphones like Blue Snowball and Zalman Mic are easily available in under 50$. So, it depends upon your budget that how much are you able to spend on a microphone.
What is the MIC that Youtubers use?
Most of the Youtubers want to deliver a good voice to their audience so that they can grab more subscribers and audience to their channel. For this purpose they use microphone which is able to reduce background noise. The famous Youtubers use microphones like Blue Yeti and Samson Go Mic for their YouTube videos.
What are the best microphones?
There are many microphones available at the market in a good price range. The microphone with good specs and a good audio quality recording is said to be the best microphones. In our opinion, Blue Snowball, Samson Go Mic and Zalman Mic are some of the best microphone sin good price range.
How do I use my Yeti microphone?
Using a Blue Yeti microphone is an easy job to do. You just need to plug-in the mic into your device for which you’re about to record your voice on. The mic has a USB cable input which can be easily plugged into the devices with a USB port.
The Final Word
Well guys, that’s a wrap! We hope that you would have gained some extra information regarding the best microphone for YouTube thus making it easy for you to choose from.
Since multiple products create a sense of confusion, we tried differentiating each YouTube Microphones product according to the needs of an individual, we also included some great microphones performance versatile functions.
Let us know if you have any queries and we would be more than glad to help.