YouTube is a website on which one can upload videos to amuse his audience. Becoming successful on YouTube means that you are now a famous and well-known celebrity on social media.
To become a successful Youtuber, you have to do a lot of hard work, maintain your goals and try to achieve them daily.
However, even with hard work, some YouTubers fail to gain some recognition from their audience.
Why is that?
The only problem is, they don’t follow the regular guidelines or are often inconsistent.
This is the main purpose of our article today i.e. to convert your hardwork in something worthy.
So, let’s have a look at how you can become a YouTuber and a successful one on a platform like YouTube
- How to become a YouTuber – Complete Steps
- 1. Creating Your YouTube Account:
- 2. Creating Your First Video:
- 3. Using Clickbait Techniques Carefully:
- Approach Baiting Carefully:
- Use Title to Spotlight The Most Attractive Feature of Your Video:
- Using Emotional Features in the Title:
- Using Shocking Concepts for Solid Reasons:
- Using Thumbnail to Spotlight Important Features:
- Zooming In The Most Important Elements:
- Respect 180 Degree Rule:
- Creating Intros and Outros:
- 4. Developing and Maintaining Your Fan Base:
- 5. Sharing Your Videos to Build Recognition:
- The Final Word
How to become a YouTuber – Complete Steps
1. Creating Your YouTube Account:
Creating a YouTube account or what is most often called a YouTube channel is the first basic step.
Some important things to consider in this important step are:
Decide What Sort of YouTube Account You’ll Have:
Before you make a channel, make sure that you are determined enough over what kind of channel you want.
- Will it be about music? Will it be about funny videos? Will it be about knowledge? Ask all these questions from yourself before you make a channel on YouTube.
- Get some YouTube ideas from your ideals and take an overview of the, that how are they working and how their channel is designed.
Showing Off Your Talents:
Once you have decided a niche or an idea to start your YouTube channel, the next important thing will be to show off your skills.
- For this purpose, try to practice on the skill you already have got. For instance, if you are good at singing music, keep practicing it so that it can become as perfect as possible.
- Another way is to record yourself roughly and show your talents to your friends. They can tell you better that where you need to focus and where it is perfect
Create Your Channel:
Now that you have got the main theme of a channel you want, the next step is to create a channel on YouTube.
- An attractive and short name with unique pronunciation is the key point of a successful channel.
- With an attractive name, designing the logo and placing the channel banner art, should be the next step. If you are not good at designing logos, you can take help from your friends.
- Or, you can hire a good graphic designer who can design a perfect and unique channel logo for you.
2. Creating Your First Video:
The channel is now ready and furnished for working. The next step should be to create your first video.
The following steps should be considered while you are making your first YouTube video:
Create a Video with the Info You Want:
As you have decided the main theme earlier, now is the time to create a good video on YouTube with some knowledge and attractive video quality.
For example, if you are going to make a tutorial, be straightforward. Don’t make long videos in the start as it might affect your audience.
- To make a good video, you will also need a vlogging camera. Vlogging camera may provide you an ideal video quality in a budget price range.
Editing the Video:
Just posting random shots on your YouTube channel and thinking that they might famous you is not possible. You need to edit your video.
- To edit a vlog, cut all the long and boring scenes. Only highlight those points in your video which you think are important.
- Keep in mind that less is always good and in terms of video, less is more engaging.
Be Aware of What Tend the People to Watch your First YouTube Video:
As you are probably starting from the zero, you need to make sure that your video has got all those important features, which will give it a classy and professional look.
Some keynotes here are:
- The title should be catchy. Take ideas from your competitors if you are confused about a good video title.
- A catchy and attractive intro must be included at the beginning of every video as it marks a good impression on your audience. Hire a video editor if you are unable to make a catchy intro.
- Introduce yourself clearly in the first 10 or 15 seconds of the video. Try to give them an overview of what should be in your video as you go through it.
- The last thing is talking with a smile, and grit on your face. Try to avoid doing mistakes. A good idea is to write a script for your video first. You can also post some bloopers of your mistakes at the end for some good audience.
Upload Your Video:
Now, that you have done basic video editing and you think that the video is in perfect shape, it is the time to upload it on YouTube.
- Uploading a video is an easy task. Just make sure that you have got an internet connection and a well settled YouTube channel.
Make One or More than One Videos in a Week:
A new YouTuber is always on fire. If you are starting from zero, you need to focus on quality rather than quantity.
- Uploading one or two videos in a week may do the primary work for you and will keep your channel alive.
- Also, try to give a complete idea in your video. A good video is timed at 5 to 8 minutes only. Don’t upload longer than that as no one will watch it.
3. Using Clickbait Techniques Carefully:
After successfully uploading your edited video on YouTube. You don’t have to just sit back. There is a lot of effort still required for gaining some good attention from public in the starting of your channel.
Try these steps to perfectly execute your clickbait techniques:
Approach Baiting Carefully:
Keep in mind that clickbait, when used properly, is one of the most awesome ways to attract a good audience.
- Don’t be too aggressive to use his tool or it might leave a bad reputation on your audience.
- Be straightforward in here as well. On a platform like YouTube, clickbaiting is usually concerned with the title and thumbnail of the video.
Use Title to Spotlight The Most Attractive Feature of Your Video:
For making a good title, one technique is to get an idea from your competitors and work according to it.
- The title should not be too long or too short. It should contain the main theme of your video only.
- Add some catchy words in the tile like “Best Vlogging Camera in 2019” etc to make sure that the audience is attracted towards your video.
Using Emotional Features in the Title:
Human nature is very emotional. You need to get the full use out of it. Using emotional phrases like, “Try not to Laugh” or “You will Cry Watching this” will increase the chance of user engagement.
- If your video is about animals, birds or cute funny babies, you can use emotional features about them in title.
Using Shocking Concepts for Solid Reasons:
Many popular YouTubers are using this feature. Using an attractive and controversial thumbnail will increase the chances of a user clicking your video.
- However, don’t over exaggerate while doing it. Make thumbnail according to the main theme of your video and add some catchy images in it to attract your audience.
Using Thumbnail to Spotlight Important Features:
This is yet again the important point here. Using thumbnails properly will get you a huge traffic from YouTube.
- Try to keep simpler, if you are using text in your video, it should be visible enough to the audience.
- A thumbnail must have dimensions of 1200×720 so that it can properly fit on the screen.
Zooming In The Most Important Elements:
Well, this is also an important element in clickbait technique. If your video has got something that is not visible clearly, make it visible in the thumbnail of your video.
- This way, you can get the attention of your audience easily.
Respect 180 Degree Rule:
This should also be respected while you are about to make a catchy thumbnail. As in film making, the poster is kept as attractive as possible but with a clear and conceptual idea about how the film is going to be.
Creating Intros and Outros:
Introducing your channel name in the first 5 seconds and finishing the video with a good and attractive design will help you become a brand on YouTube.
- It will also increase the attractive feature in your video. Even if your video is not well-managed, the impact of a good intro and outros will keep the interest of the audience in it.
4. Developing and Maintaining Your Fan Base:
Now, that all necessary things have been done by creating a channel and uploading an eye-catchy video on YouTube, it is the time to start creating your fan base.
As you will be starting from zero, it is not possible that you can get millions of subscribers by just uploading one video.
To regularly maintain your fan base, some important steps are as follows:
Tell Your Friends and Family:
Family and friends can support you like no one else can. Tell all your friends and family members to check out your videos and click the subscribe button if they want to keep enjoying your videos.
- Don’t just stop here. You can also send friend requests to the people who are already on YouTube and ask them to watch your videos and leave a subscribe as well.
- Make all social profiles on sites like Reddit, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter. Keep increasing your fan base especially on Facebook as it is one of the prominent traffic sources right now.
Don’t Leave Your Fans Hanging:
Once you have got a good amount of subscribers, the most difficult task is to maintain them.
- For this purpose, you can upload videos on a regular basis about different themes or you can be stuck to your main storyline or niche as well.
- One of the most important technique is to ask your subscribers in a poll that what kind of videos they want from you and try to make that video in your next projects.
- Doing a Question-Answer session with your fans can also do a good job of maintaining your audience.
Be Persistent and Patient:
The reason why many Youtubers fail to get success on YouTube is their impatience. That is, they want to get famous in just a couple of days.
Keep in mind that it is not possible to get famous or get success overnight. You will have to do a lot of hard work in the right direction.
- Don’t be afraid of failures. Even if your video with high-quality content is not getting enough views, it will start getting once you have got some traffic.
- Don’t lose your hope on videos not getting the attention of the audience. They will make the noise for sure. Just keep adding quality content and focus on the main theme of your channel.
5. Sharing Your Videos to Build Recognition:
Sharing your videos is important to market your brand. If you want to gain success, you will have to convert yourself into a brand.
Some important points that most of the professional Youtubers have followed in sharing their content are:
Sharing Videos on Google+ Account:
If you have got a Google+ account associated with your YouTube channel, try to add yourself in communities related to your main theme.
- After you have been added into almost 40 or 50 communities, start sharing your videos there with a catchy description and title to gain instant views and subscribers.
Sending Random Private Messages to People on YouTube:
After the recent YouTube update, you can now send messages privately to the people already present on YouTube.
- This feature is important for you. Make good use of it. Ask them to watch your videos n a polite manner.
- You can also subscribe to them to get a reverse to subscribe in a result.
- Try to message famous YouTubers and ask them to give a shoutout to your channel in upcoming videos for a boost.
Tell Everyone You Know About Your Channel:
Becoming famous is not the right job for shy people. If you are feeling shy in telling people about your channel, you should leave this platform.
- Don’t hesitate in telling anyone about your YouTube channel.
- Your family members, friends, colleagues, classmates, university friends can all provide a boost to your channel when it is in its initial phases.
Maintaining High Quality of Videos:
Try to make your video as interesting as possible. People love to watch videos with many twists and mysteries so, you should make that kind of staff.
Along with a good idea, don’t compromise on the video and audio quality of your content. Dedicated microphones are used for capturing high-quality audio.
- In case of videos, vlogging cameras are used. Usually, the standard for a good quality video is a 1080p resolution but 720p can also do the work for you.
- As you get famous gradually, you should shift to 4K video quality. Many vlogging cameras are also providing this feature.
Focus Your Video Content:
This is probably the last step. Try to search your main idea on YouTube and take a short look that how the famous people are making videos on it.
- Then after you have got an overview, add such elements in your videos to make them interesting and attractive.
The Final Word
It was necessary to give the right direction to your hard work. That’s why we have created this roadmap for you to be a successful and popular YouTuber in a short span of time.
Just keep one thing in mind that don’t compromise on the quality of your content and be persistent.
The rest as they say that you will be famous within no time.